Bright Eduway Study Abroad

Why Study in Canada

International students can find unmatched academic opportunities in Canada at a reasonable cost. It is one of the most popular places to study because it offers a great student community, a good standard of living, and a multicultural setting that is welcoming, open, and growth-oriented. Currently, Canada is the top choice for international students looking to study abroad, with over 5 million of them attending. Furthermore, according to the QS World University Rankings, Canada is home to a number of highly esteemed universities. In addition to offering excellent education and scholarships, the nation also has a large number of internship and post-study job options. Canada has one of the highest standards of living, which makes it a popular place to study.

Quality Of Education

Standard Of Living

Affordable Cost

Job Opportunities


Permanent Residence

Thriving Student Community

Friendly People

Government Norms For International Students


If you’d like to get a part-time job to help support yourself while studying in Canada, you can now qualify to work on or off-campus for up to 20 hours during university semesters and full-time during breaks such as the winter or summer holidays, without the need for a work permit.

To qualify, you must:

  • Have a valid study permit
  • Be a full-time student
  • Be enrolled at a designated learning institution at post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at secondary level
  • Be studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration.
  • You will also need a Social Insurance Number (SIN) from Service Canada to work in Canada or to receive benefits and services from government programs.

    Your study permit will become invalid 90 days after you have completed your study program, so you’ll need to acquire a post-graduation work permit if you want to stay in Canada after your studies and seek work. This is valid for three years.


    The length of your course is a major factor in determining whether you can obtain a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP Canada) while enrolled in school. Under the PGWP, a work permit is typically granted for the duration of the study program. In Canada, the PGWP has a maximum duration of three years. This implies that you are granted a three-year PGWP visa if your post-graduate program lasts two years. A student's study program cannot be extended beyond the validity of their post-graduation employment visa. For the purpose of obtaining a postgraduate work permit in Canada, the course must last at least eight months.

    International students who finished their higher education in Canada at designated learning institutions (DLIs) are eligible to apply for an open work permit through the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP), which permits them to stay and work in Canada. Students can stay in Canada and obtain work experience after they graduate thanks to the post-graduation work visa. Students must, however, have graduated from an accredited Canadian institution. Students can take advantage of this to obtain Canadian work experience. Through the Canadian experience class in Express Entry, graduates who complete the PGWP can obtain skilled work experience in Canada and become eligible for permanent residence.


    You must obtain a Canadian study permit, which acts as a temporary student visa for the duration of your stay in Canada, in order to study there. If your course or program lasts six months or less, you are not need to get a study permit in Canada. Even so, it could be a good idea to apply for a permission before traveling to Canada; otherwise, you would have to leave the country in order to apply for a study permit through a visa office if you decide you want to continue your education in a different program.

    If you desire to continue your education after obtaining a Canadian study visa, you can apply to have it renewed from within the country. For full-time students enrolled at a university with accreditation, a study permit also allows you to work part-time on campus. You may also be able to work off-campus, work as a co-op or intern as part of your program, stay in Canada as a permanent resident or find work after you graduate.


    • Agriculture, Animal & Related Practice
    • Arts & Culture
    • Business, Finance & Administration
    • Career & Preparation
    • Computers & Telecommunications
    • Culinary, Hospitality, Recreation & Tourism
    • Education, Community & Social Services
    • Energy, Environmental & Natural Resources
    • Engineering & Technology
    • Fire, Justice & Security
    • Health, Food & Medical
    • Media
    • Professions & Trades
    • Transportation & Logistics


    Get A free consultation on Overseas Education.

    We are dedicated to assisting with career counseling, country selection, university selection, scholarships, education loans, visa application, tuition fee deposit, pre-departure briefing and traveling arrangement.